On Wednesday morning 2 electricians (who are also firemen) fitted a new consumer unit in our hall.
No, I didn’t know what one of them was either, but it’s that cupboard or box that contains all those switches that flip off when a light bulb blows.
Anyhoo, our current (hehe) one isn’t big enough to accommodate the new switches we need for the power points going into our new kitchen.
So Wednesday morning we were power less. No problem as we continued with the wallpaper stripping. The kitchen is now sans paper and we’ve started on the dining room. The central wall is coming down so we have 2 rooms to prepare. The walls are in pretty good nick but are clashing shades of blue, orange and yellow. Not a good look.
Here’s the new unit in situ. Now it’s covered in magnets we don’t notice it so much.
I must say I was impressed with the rigorous testing the electrician/firemen put it through before they left.